Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Final Drop

As the semester has come to a close I am saddened by the thought of not being able to share my thoughts on what is trending in the EDM world right now. To recap there are a lot of great festivals that are happening this summer including EDC, Lollapalooza, North Coast, SummerFest, Spring Awakening and so much more. If you are not engaged or in tune with the EDM culture I highly suggest checking out of the listed festivals. I feel like the majority of the time I have spent on this blog, I only talked about the news surrounding EDM but never really shared my personal favorite artists or songs. I have been listening to EDM/Dubstep/Techno/Trance/House music since I was in the 8th grade. That is just shy of 10 years of listening to a specific genre of music. I can say that I may have varied tastes from some people but I claim to be a veteran in this music field.

My list (No Particular Order)

1.Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites-Skrillex
2.Harder,Better,Faster,Stroner-Daft Punk
3. Leave Me-Taska Black
4. Fire-Louis The Child
5. Don't You worry Child- Swedish House Mafia
6. Get Free- MajorLazer
7.Raise Your Weapon- Deadmau5
8.To U-Jack Ü
9. Tell Me- Bauuer
10. Rough Neck Bass- Skrillex

These are just a few of my favorite songs that I believe give me the most amount of energy when I listen to them. These songs are not the best songs in the genre simply some of the more notable ones that I have heard in the past 9ish years. This is my parting list for those who are interested in listening to some of my favorite songs. It has been a lot of fun making these posts and I hope to continue making them in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some serious jams. Personally I'll be a Daft Punk fan forever, I love how their style is evolving. It's been fun reading your opinions on music this semester!

    ReplyDelete